Sunday, September 5, 2010

Made 4 quilts this summer

Made four quilts this summer. They all feature the same block and are custom made for each recipient either by color choices or theme.

This West Point quilt was made for one of my husband's classmates who has colon cancer.
This quilt features sunflowers given to the server at the country diner that I frequent for breakfast. She has an aggressive form of breast cancer.
This quilt is one of my prototypes once Robyn's Gift is launched. The white border is made of preprinted fabric that has inspirational words of family, dream, dance, laugh celebrate etc. I am hoping that I have found a quilter that will be able to quilt phrases in this border of the recipients choosing. This quilt was given to a family friend who at age 80 something has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
Sponge Bob quilt was made for a high school friend of mine, who is not ill, but wanted to support Robyn's Gift. The outer border is a batik that looks like seaweed growing in a tropical lagoon. Thank you for taking a peek at some of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment